Christmas pastries - Joulutortut
7 oz (200g) soft butter or margarine
1 cup (21 /2 dl) flour
1/3 cup (1 dl) cold water
1 teaspoon vinegar
sweetened prune puree or plum jam
1. Put all the pastry ingredients into a bowl and mix quickly by hand into a
dough. Don't knead too much.
2. Put the dough to a cold place to harden. 3. Roll out on a floured board,
folding a few times to make a puft pastry, and finally make a 1/2 cm thick
4. Cut the sheet into 7 x 7 cm squares. Split the corners of each square.
5. Place a bit of prune puree or plum jam in the middle of each square. Fold
over every other spiit end onto the center, to form a windmill-like
6. Brush with beaten egg and bake at 450° F (250° C) until light brown. To make
round pastries, cut into circles, fill, and fold in half. Bake as above